Lap Dance

This blog documents my experience with the adjustable gastric band. The surgery took place in July, and thus the pre-op and post-op information can be found in the July archive.

Friday, June 16, 2006

Book Reviews

I have listened to a few good books lately.

The Tenth Circle, Jodi Piccoult: Parents and their teenage daughter struggle after the daughter reports an alleged date rape, and as the parents deal with adultery. The plot unfolds in a cunning way, become a bit of a mystery story. Compelling characters. One of the commenters on here suggested Piccoult, and she was totally right. I've requested all her other books.

A Man Without A Country, Kurt Vonnegut: Very short (2 CDs), this book is basically Vonnegut's first person rant about the state of politics and culture today. It's just the right length; any longer would have been self-indulgent.

Everyone Worth Knowing, Lauren Weisenberg: An Average Jane gets a job as a society party planner in the New York social scene. I don't usually go for chick lit (smut novels, oh yes, but not chick lit), but this was pretty good because the characters were original and compelling.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi sara
Jodi piccoult is a personal favorite of mine. She graduated from my daughters current high school and her english teacher is now the principal. I love her because I introduced these books to my daughter and she is now hooked on reading. Try ...the Pact, My Sisters Keeper, Plain Truth and some of her other titles. Glad to hear you are doing so well in your weight loss.

6:46 AM  
Blogger Angie said...

I love your book reviews! Keep them coming :)

3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home