Lap Dance

This blog documents my experience with the adjustable gastric band. The surgery took place in July, and thus the pre-op and post-op information can be found in the July archive.

Friday, June 23, 2006

Appointment with Dr. Horgan

My appointment with Dr. Horgan this afternoon went well. I weighed in at 154, and that was down 14 since the last time I was there. He was delighted, and effused about how good I look. He's not normally an effusive dude. He looked at my band under fluoro, and said it looked great. He said I was still quite tight, and that he didn't want to make me tighter. I told him about how I'll wake up choking if I eat close to bedtime. He wasn't concerned, but agreed that I should simply not eat before bedtime. He said that if it happened even when I avoided late eating, then we'd take out some fluid and let the irritation die down.

We spent this evening doing some investigation on the neighorborhood of that house I wrote about. I figured a Friday night in lovely summer weather would be prime bad-bahavior time in a bad neighborhood. I was right. It was way worse than we initially thought, and there's no way I could walk through that neighborhood to and from the train.

We decided to go the nearest police precinct to see what the cops had to say about the neighborhood. Our concerns were confirmed. They were very surprised to see us. I asked them if they thought we'd be unwelcome in the neighborhood because we're white, and one of them laughed and said, "No, you'd be very welcome. You'd have better stuff to steal." Not one of them said they'd be willing to live in that 'hood at any price. They said that we couldn't leave a pile of dirt in the yard without it getting stolen.

So, it looks like that place isn't the Mecca we thought it might be. Bummer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home